Monday 23 December 2013

"My Year 2013 Testimonies"

          "My Year 2013 Testimonies"



Yes, am still blogging...Its the perfect way to end the year, telling the world what the Lord has done, giving Him all the glory and confirming His faithfulness... In exactly sixteen days from now,-its 8 days now  as i wrote this initially on the 15th-  the year 2013 comes to an end. I have never been so grateful i am a Christian than i was this year because as i look back remembering the challenges i encountered, i know without a doubt that i didn't see myself through it alone. I had some sort of overly spiritual help that seems like its not there but it's always there waiting, watching, willing to help, ready to win and eager to tak all the glory.

The most depressing situation i had to pull through this year was when i was disobedient, i had been born again and old things were supposed to be past away and all things were expected to become new. I went back to my old ways just a little bit. I had a guilty pleasure that i couldn't help resist the temptation when it came. I knew it was wrong but i couldn't seem to find the strength to avoid it or Flee!


Within months i started to reap the rewards, i was slowly but surely backsliding and i started to become uneasy. The rewards when it finally came was too much for me to bear, i was overpowered by forces my physical nature couldn't overpower and to make it worse, i was told i was sick. That was all i could bear, i could  take the shame, the despair, the possible regret but i couldn't bear to stand the sickness..


I decided to fight back, i knew where all the emotions and pains were coming from. i knew where i had gone wrong and thank God i was spiritually mature enough to know how to deal with the problem.


The first thing i did was to go for deliverance, i wanted to be sure that when i approached the feet of the Lord, i was doing it with a clean and clear heart. I confessed my sins to the Lord who is so merciful and i went into a spiritual battle to regain my health.


I was depressed most of the time all this was happening, it wasn't an easy thing to overcome because the more i prophesied health to my body, the more i became sick. I had to seek the face of the Lord, i knew i was disobedient and probably didn't deserve to be delivered but, i knew that the thoughts the Lord had for me was for good and not of evil, i knew the Lord wasn't the one that makes people sick- it was solely the Devil's doing- The devil uses your sins against you, steals something precious from you-mine was my health- destroys you through what he has stolen and finally, he kills you. I couldn't let that happen, i was still in the first stage of him stealing my health-that was just my physical body, i was still very health spiritually, i couldn't possibly allow him advance to destroying me through it- so i fought the only way i knew how.


I renewed my lost relationship with the Holy Spirit, i started to read the Bible and prophesy using the words i saw. I confessed my sins to God and asked Him to be merciful upon me, acknowledging that i was wrong but what i wanted most of all was the Lord's will to be done. If it was His will for me to remain sick and He still gets the glory,then, so be it. But if not, i was willing to follow Him to the latter to get rid of this illness so that i could brag about it and He can take all the Glory.



The hardest thing was making sure i didn't succumb to my present reality, my reality reminded me i was sick but spiritually i was healed. It was only a matter of time before the physical paved way for the spiritual.


It wasn't easy, but it was worth the exercise, because as i write, i am completely healed, hail and healthy. It wasn't because i knew all the biblical scriptures or because i am special in any way. It was only through the grace of God, that grace gave me the zeal to fight and to win that battle, that grace was made available even when i didn't deserve it.


This is one test of several others i experienced this year, the testimonies is what makes me a winner. Victorious over battles that comes my way. There will be other more challenging situations,  i know...I will handleit a situation at a time. These challenges only makes me stronger, confirms i did the right thing by giving my life to Christ and finally, it gives me something to brag about... Am so grateful! To God be the glory

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;