Friday 20 September 2013

“I HAVE NO IDEA OF WHAT I AM DOING”

                                                         

 


What eludes my understanding is finding out why people who say they love you the most are the ones who hurt you and scar you permanently.


I really can’t comprehend it! I can't!

But recently, I watched "Jesus of Nazareth" during a mission school at Daystar Christain Center, Lagos and the movie got to the scene were Jesus was accused falsely and denied by those who claimed they loved Him the most.  He was sentenced to death but He was to be flogged first, and as each stripe went through the body of the actor, I was calm at first and told myself "it is just a movie, a man acting his role professionally" but then, the flogging continued and won't stop….they kept on flogging Him and I started to cry, I really started to cry loudly. I was watching a true-life movie... More so, the torture was done to a human body by people the man loved so much.

Like it wasn't enough, they put a very heavy cross on Him and asked Him to carry it down to where he was to be nailed. He walked down every step spent, bleeding, almost dead but never giving up, just to fulfil His purpose and teach us “Forgiveness”.
He was nailed to the cross and left to die, but in His pains He looked up to heaven and said "Forgive them Father, for they don't know what they are doing". It was pointless to hold us to ransom for our deeds because that singular act of forgiveness on the cross made Him greater than all of us, making Him become “the” only High Priest that intercedes on our behalf. That is why at the name of Jesus, every kneel bows and every tongue confesses.

My goodness, I wept...I wept so loudly and am never so emotional, always tough and hardly with tears, but this time, it broke me... again and again...I haven't been so forgiving, am still learning how to, I hardly believe in second chances…”it is too late to apologize” was my mantra in relationships.
I have a better understanding now, I hope you do too?

News Flash!
We will be hurt, there is no escaping it!
Yet we hold grudges in our hearts and expect to be forgiven.

How to heal the hurt is what we should strive for, not retaliating…

Who do we go to for the healing of the scars placed by every stripe of unforgiveness?
Giving your life to Jesus Christ first, is one step forward to a forgiving heart. Ask Him, who understands exactly how you feel to take the pain as He has once been in your shoes. He is the only one who can fix where it hurts…


Forgiveness is letting go, freedom from hurt and pain of this world. Forgiveness always takes you to the position of greatness, higher than all those who have hurt you.

It is the greatest gift you can ever give yourself and others...especially those that don't deserve it

As Christ's image, we must model Him and forgive people and ourselves, the same reason He forgave on the cross "because we have no idea of what we do"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

STILL....many of us have "zero" idea of what we are doing.

Unknown said...

Good write up.

Unknown said...

Hmmm..., strikes a cord! Nice one dear. More grace for greater exploit.

Post a Comment

 
;