Saturday 6 January 2018

New Year Resolution





Happy New Year...



I thought long and hard about what I will write this year since I was absent for most part of last year but nothing came. Blank! Zilch! Nothing!



My mind has been going through many things, trying to balance and still no inspiration to write anew or finish whatever I wrote many years ago. The good news is I have decided that since I can’t write for the future, I will document the past.
The journey that has brought me to this point of a severe writer’s block where I carry a pen and pare around and still can’t find one word to write. 

A stage where even when I get inspired, my very critical self pushes everything aside and before I can reach a pen and paper, I can’t remember what it was I wanted write.

I may not have the future to write but I have the past and as much as I have tried to push it aside, forget and move on, it still follows me where ever I go. It beckons on me to refer to it when the past repeats itself; it tries to control whatever future I have left.

 Everyone has a past; I have heard. So why do I think mine is juicy enough? Well, I don’t but it is all I have and I plan on starting with what I have and maybe, just maybe, I can progress from there.  

What is in for you? You may ask. Um, my story may not be a novel price winning- started-from-the- bottom- now- I-am- here a kind of story but trust me, it is juicy and I will tell it. I can write a mini biography off it someday.

I spent most of last year praying and reading the bible less. A stage where I needed to be broken, I was in a place where I needed God so much I knew I could not go further without Him and I was being such a disobedient child it amazes me how His mercy kept me despite my transgressions... Then I read the bible again this year and it hit me; the apostles recorded their past why don’t I do the same.

Tada!

There, you have the reason behind my new found love for jotting down experiences and off course not forgetting how the Lord works in mysterious ways.

 I hope you enjoy reading as much as I will enjoy writing.


Share the love , Shine the light



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;