Sunday 16 April 2017

- Becoming a dustbin for taking in People's Trash


 A dustbin for Christ


The title seems awkward yet captivating.  Well,  that's the understanding I have for being a mature Christian... You just have to learn to take in trash.


I served in Zamfara and was bestowed with a leadership position to serve as an Uncle in NCCF -Nigerians Corpers Christain Fellowship- branch bungudu zamfara.


It was a man's role and I was the only female with that role in the whole state that year.


I saw the position as an opportunity to serve God as always but soon I started to dread taking up the role because of conflicts between myself and the papa.


He was a chauvinist who taught I wasn't fit for the role not because of my spiritual maturity but because of my gender.


Soon, the feeling was mutual as I thought he wasn't fit to be the papa - a spiritual leader-if he couldn't move past his ego.


So we argued a lot and every time the argument got heated up,  I will report him to the pastor of an Anglican church where we worshiped.


One day,  reverend boto at the Anglican church was tired of hearing us complain about each other... We always come to him to settle arguments instead of ask for blessings or spiritual guidance... We were acting like spiritual babies in a mature position making us vulnerable to attacks by the devil without us knowing it.  So he called us both in to his office and had a stern talk with us.


The summary of the whole discussion was him asking us to become dustbins for each other.  He said,  if you don't learn how to take each other's trash,  you will never get along and this will eventually destroy God's ministry.  Imagine if your followers know that you two quarrel and argue all the time,  how will they bring issues to you when you are guilty of the same thing the reverend said.


His words got to me because the last thing I wanted was to destroy God's ministry just because I couldn't take trash.


He said whenever you are full and can't take in no more,  dump it before Jesus.  He will empty your bin to make room for you to take in more...


Ever since,  I have being a dustbin.  Taking shit just so I can live in peace with people.


Trust me,  it hasn't been easy but the rewards has been fantastic.  When people remember me now,  they say she truly is a child of God because she never retaliates or speak back... She always tries to make peace.  She is a peacemaker



Glory!


Jesus said, blessed are the peacemakers for they shall be called the sons of God...


That has been my story and the only way I could/can achieve this is to permanently be a worker of lawma in God's kingdom and take satan's scripted trash he throws at me through people.



It may look like an undignified job both spiritually and physically but it is the most rewarding and fulfilling.


Think about it,  what will Nigeria be without dustbins or lawma to pack away our rubbish?


Now consider what the world will be without spiritual lawmas i. e  Peacemakers




I am a certified dustbin for Christ...Are you? 

Share the word, Shine your light

Happy Easter !
From yours truly
Dada Dupeola

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;