Thursday 30 March 2017

Novel by DadaDupeola - You RIP what you sow AT THIRTY ---Chapter 3



CHAPTER 3


Angela is in her room which consists of only a single bed near the window, a ceiling fan, a wardrobe beside the door, a shoe rack by the wardrobe, a reading table and a chair opposite the bed beside the wardrobe. The walls are cream and brown with the colors flaking out but has beautifully painted designs done by yours truly. She is on her bed listening to Adekunle Gold's album "Gold" with ear plugs attached to her laptop while doing her art theoretical homework when her phone rings and the caller ID reads Phillip. She removes the plugs and picks up the phone.

"hey, what are you up to now?" Phillip says
"i finished weaving my hair and am in my room doing my homework," Angela responds laid on her back, facing the ceiling.
"I want to see what your mum made this time. Snap pictures and send it to me on WhatsApp," Phillip says
"Okay, I will," Angela responds figuring out the answer to her homework as she stares at the fan rotating
"I hope she didn't stress you again on your studying art," Phillips asks catching Angela's full attention
"She more or less pulled out my hair while telling me to apply for law," Angela responds

Phillip laughs

"I am so sorry. I am sure she  

wants the best for you," Phillip says
"The best thing for me is for her to support me. Not compare me with everyone mummy rose gossips with her," Angela says with a hiss
"Eyah, i totally understand but i don't blame her. I am as worried as she is," Phillip says
"You?" "Why are you worried?" Angela asks sitting up
"Angy, you are going be in Abuja for 4years and am going to be here alone in Lagos. Shouldn't i be worried?" Phillip asks

Angela switches the phone to the other ear and lays back on the sheets .

"I am not going to space Phil but Abuja. Besides, i asked you to apply there, but you insisted on staying in Lagos" Angela responds
"We have our friends here and i have no family in Abuja" Phillip says in his defense
"I am your best friend, Aren't i?" "My dad is there too, and he is very fond of you" Angela replies hoping he will take the bait
"I know. I guess one of us will have to compromise," Phillip says
"That person should be you," Angela responds
"Why me?" Phillip asks
"It can't be me. My dad has made it evident its Abuja or nothing but your parents wont mind where you go to school," Angela says

  Phillipp's cell phone beeps

"I am out of call credit. I wanted to say goodnight," Phillip says changing the subject
"Good night Phil," Angela says.
"Good night Angy," Phillip responds

Beep. Angela hangs up, puts the plugs back in her ears and continues her homework.


..........To be Continued

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;