Tuesday 2 February 2016



This is my first post for the year 2016...Yaay!

Well, I have been experiencing a chronic annoying challenge called writer's block. It's a terrible thing to experience especially for someone who loves to write and share details of personal experiences. This is by far the most annoying block any writer can ever go through because I was in the middle of writing an intriguing story and had my audience gasping for the next chapter and without warning...BOOM!

I get blocked.

I cannot say what happened and why I haven't gotten over it after more than a month but I can admit that I let it control me. It has taken over my schedule and disorganized my organization...If you understand what I mean *raised eyebrows*

Sighs...

On a lighter note, this year is a very promising year for us. Aside the fluctuations of the Nigerian currency, things are looking good for us...Right?

Honestly, I don't ever want to be a pessimist so despite the gloom and doom I hear around town, I know that all things are working together for good.

It's the major reason I made Travis Greene's "intentional" single my ring tone for the year; last year it was Michelle William's "Say Yes". Listening to these songs when my phone rings-My phone rings often- has helped me get through seconds, minutes, hours, days and years...Lol...They save my life,


I am well aware of how much of a sponge my brain is. Any junk I consume for a long time only makes me squeeze out junk when time to be productive. So, listening to good music is as important as eating good food. 

Recently, I stumbled on the video by Tim Mcgraw "Humble and Kind" and it was so uplifting. I couldn't help but tweet how much the song said in so little time -@dadadupeola-

That is why it so important for me to get over this block and write again. There is so much healing that needs to be done in such a wounded world. People need good music, good reads and most especially good food and if anyone is privileged with grace and wisdom to dish this goodness out, nothing should stop them.

Cheers, to a year filled with blessings and a month full of love.

Spread the word, Shine your light





0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;