Tuesday 17 September 2013

THE LIGHT OF THE EARTH





Just a thought: If I had a very small, inexpensive Nokia touch light phone and I was in a small room filled with 20 people and just as discussions among us is getting very interesting, the light in the room is cut off and the room is flooded with darkness. People are still for a while but after sometime they begin to get uneasy and decide to leave. The room is extremely dark and we can barely see ourselves not mentioning the way out of the room.

I suddenly remember I have a very Small torchlight phone in my bag, and irrespective of how small it is at that moment am just so grateful I have it, it will come in handy somehow.I switch on the touch light feature on the phone
 and suddenly,there is light in the midst of darkness,although it won't be able to direct "all" 20 people to the right path because its Too small,but it directed someone who borrowed it and went  to get a halogen lamp and as the Halogen lamp came on, darkness was consumed and the room was lit again. Everyone acknowledged just how helpful the Small light was and they thanked me continuously for it.

 One week later, I received a package and inside it was a bigger, expensive phone with a massive touch light feature. If I didn't use that little light, who knows what disaster would have happened, a stampede probably and maybe someone would have gotten seriously wounded and probably even died.

Trust me, it wouldn't have ended as a beautiful story.
My question today is, what are you doing with your light? No matter how small it is, it will shine in the midst of darkness. Everyone who knows and believes in Jesus and His coming has light inside of them. But we are surrounded with people who don't believe and are in darkness, are you helping to spread the darkness or are you turning on your little light and showing them the way to a greater light-Jesus. Today's confession should be " that little light of mine, am gonna let it shine", let it shine or reflect brighter than a diamond..lol..spread the word, shine your light


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;